Academic Records Specialist II
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s department of Student Records Management is seeking an Academic Records Specialist. The selected candidate reviews, analyzes and revises Low Enrolled Sections for class starts weekly. Additionally, assists in repositioning and/or reapportioning program requirements for all degree-seeking students in response to eliminated, updated or new learning course requirements for degree completion.
This position has a mandatory schedule of: Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm.
- Determines course of action with regard to low enrollment sections, which may include shutting down
- Assists in creating a roster balancer for the University.
- Communicates regularly with Enrollment/Student Service Advisors regarding section changes.
- Meets expectations and goals with regard to LES sections and average class size.
- Resolves escalated student issues surrounding LES.
- Ensures confidentiality of student information.
- Recommends process and technique improvements for continuous improvement and efficiency.
- On a daily basis, retrieves and analyzes data to ensure all LES sections are backfilled and/or the student is scheduled for another appropriate section.
- May assist with other processes involving Classroom Operations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years’ relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
- Available to work Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisory approval.
- Familiar with and an understanding of borrower-based Financial Aid.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good problem solving ability and sound judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets and a familiarity with software databases is helpful.
- Knowledgeable of CampusVue, or similar student information software is preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000017405